As a movie enthusiast I have got tons of videos on my computer and the number is still accumulating until one day I find there's litter memory left on my computer. So I decide to delete some and for the most precious ones, I'd like to burn them to DVDs so that I can keep them. In this post, I will share with you how I managed to burn videos to DVD with Nero Burning ROM 2015.
- You have started Nero Vision.
- You have inserted a blank DVD in the desired recorder.
- You've got a Windows computer (Only have Mac at hand? Then you have to ditch Nero and try DVD Creator for Mac to burn DVD or ISO files on Mac.)
Steps to Burn Videos to DVD with Nero DVD Burning
- Step 1: Open Nero 8 startsmart by finding the icon on your desktop or by going into your start menu, clicking on Nero, and then click startsmart.
- Step 2: This is the default window when Nero starts, if it doesn't come up just go to New button in the top left corner. Here select DVD (1) as the type of media you want to burn and then DVD-Video (2). I suggest selecting a low burning speed like 4x (3) for DVD video discs especially if your standalone player is a bit old. Finally click New (4).
- Step 3: Then you just need to select the videos you want to burn to DVD and drag them to the VIDEO_TS folder. Next to the Burn Now button, make sure DVD5 is selected. Finally you can press the Burn Now button.
- Step 4: The Burn Process screen is displayed. When the process is done, you have burned MP4, MOV, AVI, 3GP or other video formats to a DVD. If the videos you want to burn is an iMovie project, check another guide to see how to burn iMovie project to DVD.
Nero Burning ROM for Mac
However, there's still one thing you should note: Nero DVD ROM is only designed for Windows users including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. If you are running Mac, you need to find the DVD burning software for Mac. I've tried this tool on my MacBook Air and the burning went smoothly.