You may get to view a black screen when you want to watch your favorite movies, sitcoms, TV shows etc. on YouTube. Even more shocking, the audio still play very well. You can hear music and dialogues but cannot see anything. No worries! In this article, we will show you some possible reasons and workable solutions to fix this issue.
There could be a few issues causing this. We found the following solutions in a variety of sources after a fairly exhaustive search. Try them in order to fix the YouTube black screen but can hear audio issue.
This is a common reason to many videos playing error and you can easily identify it. You will find that YouTube video shows a black screen but audio plays. For example, YouTube works great when you are watching the first videos online while the second one comes out with black screen. In that way the problem is most likely to be browsing cache.
1. Clear your browser cache and cookies:
2. Exit your browser using the menu. Don't just click the "x" to close the window.
3. Restart your computer.
YouTube black screen complaints are mostly from Firefox and Chrome users when streaming videos. You may have chance to get stuck in buffer logo the whole page just stay still via Firefox and Chrome. Below method could help you watch your beloved YouTube videos with best possible way.
Note: Be sure you've backed up your saved passwords and bookmarks first!
1. Chrome/Opera menu > Settings.
2. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
3. Under the section "Reset settings," click Reset browser settings.
4. In the box that appears, click Reset.
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on the "gear" icon (at the top right corner of Internet Explorer).
2. Select Internet Options>Advanced>Reset
3. In the opened window check the Delete personal settings box and confirm that you want to reset your Internet Explorer settings to default by clicking on a "Reset" button.
4. Restart your Internet Explorer for changes to take effect.
Adobe Flash Player is pre-installed in many web browsers widely used to embed video on web sites such as YouTube. It is also a common bug led to YouTube black screen.
1.Uninstall Flash Player.
2.Restart your computer.
3. Reinstall Flash Player.
If you have the YouTube app installed, try removing it. You don't need it to watch videos on Youtube.com.
If you always encounter the "YouTube black screen but audio plays " error and want to smoothly watch YouTube videos, you might as well download them on your device and watched on the go, here I recommend you a totally free and safe solution for downloading any YouTube video to your computer—Tenorshare Free YouTube Downloader. It is a program that allows you to download ALL high-quality videos from YouTube, at lightning speed and instantly save them locally on your PC. This helps you watch your favorite videos anywhere offline and share them with anyone you want. It automatically detects the YouTube videos when you open them in different browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Beginners' Video Editor - HitPaw Toolkit