iTunes is a media player that we can use to play, download and manage audio/videos on Windows/Mac and available on iPhone/iPad/iPod. This tutorial introduces how to convert videos to a different video format in iTunes to playback on iPhone, iPad, iPod or Apple TV, and how to convert a song to a different audio format in iTunes 12.
How to Convert Videos in iTunes
After you add MP4 files to iTunes from computer, you can then convert and sync them to iOS devices. Here are the steps.
- 1. Open iTunes, in Movies section, your added movies are listed on Home Videos.
- 2. Select the video file that you are going to convert, click File on the menu bar in iTunes > Convert, and select the desired version that you want to convert.
After conversion, the movie will be converted as a new video file in iTunes. You can then sync it to other iOS devices.
How to Convert Music to MP3 in iTunes
If you want convert songs that are already in iTunes library to a different format with iTunes, here are the steps.
- 1. Open iTunes.
- 2. Mac: choose iTunes > Preferences from the top menu bar.
Windows: Click Edit on the iTunes menu bar and then choose Preferences.
- 3. In General tab of Preferences window, click Import Settings…
- 4. From the “Import Using” drop-down options choose the encoding format that you want to change the video to. If you like to change the video to .mp3 format, then choose MP3 Encoder.
- 5. From your library, select one or more songs that you want to convert.
- 6. Choose File > Convert, then choose “Create MP3 Version”. Now new songs appear in your library next to the original files.
Now, after conversion, you can freely sync movies and songs to other iOS device. Actually, when it comes to add videos/audio to iPhone/iPad/iPod, an iOS transfer tool makes the process easier and faster. iCareFone is one of the top iOS data transfer software that make data transfer between PC/Mac and iOS device faster than ever. Moreover, iCareFone converts incompatible formats automatically to iPhone/iPad compatible format during transferring process.
Movies, audio files and TV shows that you purchased in iTunes Store are encrypted by DRM protection. If you want to watch them on your Android device, or basically anything not made by Apple, you have to use a DRM removal converter. Adoreshare M4V Converter Genius
is professionally designed to remove DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows and convert them to ordinary formats.
Read: Convert Purchased/Rental iTunes M4V Movies to Unprotected Files